Air purifiers play a very important role in protecting our home from disease causing microorganisms, pollen and pet dander. Getting a high quality air purifier will be of great benefit to you and the residents by keeping the air clean. Be careful and research well before choosing the an air purifier as there are many cheap quality purifiers and purifiers that damage our ozone layer.
Guidelines to choose Air purifiers
This article is that are available in the market. The below pointers are some key things that you should look for in a purifier.
- The area the air purifier covers should be same or slightly lesser room dimension of the room in your home.
- Air Changes per Hour ACH this is a number that tells us the frequency in which the air purifiers exchanges all the air in the room with pure air. The higher the number the better it is for you, preferably 6 to 8 for people with health issues.
- Should consider the price as an important fact to be considered when buying an air purifier, the cost of installing it alone should not be considered, one must also consider the annual cost with the filter replacement and energy efficiency.
- Noise levels should be very less, to ensure lesser noise levels by asking the seller for a demonstration before buying any air purifier.
- Research well on the product, such that it does not use any chemicals that harm our ozone layer. Look for air purifiers that are California Air Resource Board CARB certified as the company performs a strict test on most of the consumer products.
- Warranty, always look for warranty as this says a lot about the product manufacturers trust on their very own product. High quality air purifiers offer a 5 year warranty, whereas lesser quality ones offer just a couple of years of warranty.
Consider the above pointers for your research before you buy an air purifier. Keep the environment at your home clean and clear of germs.